Saturday, March 28, 2009

How do I connect my car speaker wire to a 2 prong connector on the speaker?

I don%26#039;t have the stuff to solder it on.


Do I need some sort of adapter?
How do I connect my car speaker wire to a 2 prong connector on the speaker?
You need female spade connectors and a set of crimpers. Any auto parts, electronic, or hardware store will have them.
How do I connect my car speaker wire to a 2 prong connector on the speaker?
Most speaker have sild on treminaler. Just install a ferman terminals on your speaker wire, and sild the on. Then you can put a drop on solder on at a later date. Or you can leave the unsoldered.
Reply:soldering is the best and most reliable way electrically %26amp; mechanically. you can go for years without worrying about it at all.





another option is to buy the female connectors and crimp it on the speaker wire. but you need a professional crimper that usually cost around $30~50 to actually crimp it properly.





for the cost, you are better off buying the soldering kit for $10

No comments:

Post a Comment