Saturday, March 28, 2009

Subwoofers and amps?

If a subwoofer has a high frequency of 500 and its connected to an amp with a high frequency of 250, will it only play frequencies at 250 and below?
Subwoofers and amps?
The subwoofer will play only at 250 hertz (hz) or lower, in this case.





What you need to look for on the amp is a dial to adjust the Low Pass Filter (LPF) and tune it to about 120 hz. In an ideal world, you do not want your sub playing over 100 hz. If you listen to more heavy metal than RnB or Rap, you can tune it to about 120 or 140 hz. But a sub is designed to play low notes, usually between 30-80hz.

1 comment:

  1. Car are my favorite toy to play with , I love to drive fast in open roads and cars music provide me boost to drive fast, I like these type of speakers and audio systems that gives me a quite music as I am fan of rock music and bass made me evil and start wroomm.
    car service station

    ReplyDelete